15th Annual Conference (2016)
The 2016 ACR-GNY Annual Conference is set for June 16 at Cardozo Law School. Over 200 conflict resolution professionals gather each year at the Conference to network and benefit from panels and workshops on current topics impacting the field of dispute resolution - from local community mediation to international peacemaking and from restorative justice initiatives to commercial practice, and much more.
Our 2016 Annual Conference theme, ‘Bridging the Divide,’ is especially relevant in today’s complex societal and political climate – where conflict resolution plays an increasingly important role in business, in our communities, and in our society.
2016 Conference Highlights Include:
• Keynote Speaker – Brian Lehrer of WNYC. Brian will interview Hon. Shira A. Scheindlin (Ret.) as a part of his Keynote
• Achievement Award Honoree – Center for Court Innovation
• Achievement Award Honoree – John Kiernan, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton; Chairman of the Board of Directors, The International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR); Incoming President, New York City Bar
• Cocktail Reception Speaker – Susan Herman, NYPD Deputy Commissioner, Collaborative Policing
• Pre-Conference Cocktail Reception at JAMS NY on June 15
• 16 Concurrent Panel Sessions and Workshops + Up to 6.5 hours of CLE, including 1.5 Hours of Ethics
Early bird rates are available through May 27 - and you can actually save by becoming an ACR-GNY member. Click for the conference program agenda, registration information and biographies for our keynote, honorees and presenters.
Questions? Please contact co-chairs Melissa Appleton, Todd Drucker and Justin Strock at 212.607.2718 or email@example.com.
ADR Achievement Award Recipients
John S. Kiernan–Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Cocktail Reception Speaker
NYPD Deputy Commissioner, Collaborative Policing
Thank you to our conference sponsors - Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, JAMS and NYCLA. Interested in sponsoring? Please contact Todd Drucker at firstname.lastname@example.org